– Yesterday 4 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded.
– 1 is from Makoi while 3 are from Nadi and Lautoka.
– Regarding the Makoi case, they are not certain about the source where the woman got COVID-19 from.
– There is no source point so this Makoi case is a community transmission case.
– This is now termed a potential cluster.
– We have to take strict procedures as the virus may have spread in Suva, Lami, Nasinu and Nausori areas.
– Beginning at 4 am tomorrow (26 April), people will not be allowed to enter containment areas in Lami, Suva and Nausori.
– Wainadoi to Tamavua i Wai is Lami containment zone, Tamavua-i-Wai to 8 miles is Suva containment zone while 8 miles to Nausori is the Nausori containment zone.
– Containment areas have also been set up within the Nadi and Lautoka area.
– Banks and FNPF to open within the containment areas.
-Supermarkets, shops, markets and pharmacies are to remain open and people will have some degree of movement to only access essential services. Restaurants can open but only for takeaways.
– Civil servants authorised to work from home based on approval.
– Essential services to continue to operate including emergency services, communications, electricity, food and distribution services, FNPF, FRCS, roading services.
– Ports will remain open but inter-island passenger travel not allowed.
– These containment areas will remain for the next 14 days as the Health Ministry assesses, contact traces and tests the contacts of the 4 new cases.
– FNPF can be accessed if people cannot work for the next fortnight based on the restrictions.
– Please ensure you have your careFIJI app on.
– We cannot take any chances.
– We urge all Fijians to adhere to the health protocols.
– If you have been thinking this virus is not a problem, please get a grip. You can see what is happening in countries like India and Brazil.
– The virus is here and it is serious.